Saturday, September 11, 2010

My first blog

What's going on with the Jahn Quad? Well.....

We officially became a quad on 05/10/10 when our son Lucas decided to make his grand enterance into the world. We were formerly a trio... Mr Scott, myself, and our beautiful spitfire Alayna Grace.

Alayna just started Kindergarten. How in the world did 5 years pass by so quickly? My little girl should NOT be 5! Well, ready or not, she started elementary school. The first week went by with no major issues, and I even let her walk to her class by herself on Friday. Miss independent. Yes, I cried. Is just so hard to believe she's so big!

Lucas just turned 4 months old. He's a smiley drooly babbling mess! He definately just went through a growth spurt. I swear the kid must have gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks. We will see for sure at his well baby check on Tuesday.

Scott is a culinary manager at Ruby Tuesday. He loves the company, however the store he is currently at he can't say he's happy with. His schedule is a 50 hr work week, and he usually ends up staying 1-3 hrs past his out time on a daily basis, therefore making his work week 60-70 hrs! It is very stressful on all of us. Sometimes we go a few days without even seeing him at all.

I am an office assistant at a local doctor's office. I just asked if I could drop down to part time hours, so I can be more of a help at home. With Scott working such long days, everything else gets left up to me, and after working a regular 40 hr week I am not to thrilled to come home and clean all weekend. If I'm not allowed to work part time where I am, then I will be saying goodbye to the company I have been with for almost 3 yrs, and will  probably end up going back to the restaurant business where I can work 2 or 3 days a week and make as much take home as I do now.

We are MOVING. Suprise! If you have known Scott and I... then you obviously know we've moved a total of 7 times in the nearly 9 yrs we've been together. We are moving into Kiln Creek. Great neighborhood with a great elementary school. This move has by far taken a toll on Scott and I. You truely never know how much CRAP you have until you have to move all of it! My goodness! The light is there, ya know, the one at the end of the tunnel. We will be settled into our new home very soon. Unfortunately, though, we won't be there for longer than a year unless the owner decides to sell, because we are wanting to buy soon.

That about wraps up what is currently going on in the lives of the Jahn Quad. I am looking forward to sharing our adventures with those who are interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment