Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simple Honesty

Scott and I along with our munchkins were at Walmart in YC this evening getting keys copied for our new home. While waiting to check out in the home and garden area the customer in front of us dropped some cash on the ground. Scott noticed it and chased him out of the store to give it back to him. He came  back inside, paid for the keys, and then we all walked out together. The gentleman that dropped the money was waiting for us at the doors and handed Scott the money that he had dropped. Scott of course declined the money and the guy said to please take it because it made his night knowing that there are still honest people out there. I agree.. this day and age finding someone that is truely honest is hard.. but to be quite honest (pun intended) neither Scott nor I thought twice about returning the money. The gentleman insisted we take the money, so Scott finally did, and handed it straight to me and we both agreed to put it in the church offering plate on Sunday. We made his night by our honesty, and he made our night by his appreciation!

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing stories like this. We've had something similar happen to us before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes God sends angels in human forms to test us!God Bles you and Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome... just curious.. how much did he drop

    ReplyDelete